Our school is opening in September 2023 in a brand-new, multi-million pound building on the new EdCity site in the heart of White City.
Guided by our values of Excellence, Friendship, Courage and Determination, Ark White City Primary Academy strives to build a community committed to diversity, equity and inclusion.
Our new school building will have state-of-the-art facilities including a roof terrace with growing gardens for each year group, a space for outside lessons and a high-quality playground area. It will also have a multi-purpose cooking, DT, science and art room and a sensory room. The school is designed with extra wide learning corridors which can be used as flexible breakout space from the classrooms. Co-located with the school is an OnSide Youth Zone with amazing facilities which the students will have access to during the school day including an all-weather pitch, a drama studio, a four-court sports hall with a climbing wall, boxing room, a fully equipped gym, and multimedia suite including a recording studio.
Ark White City Primary will bring together Ark Swift and Ark Burlington Danes Primary Academies to create one, two-form entry school, in the heart of White City.
If you would like more information about our school please get in touch - or come to one of our open events.
We look forward to welcoming you.
Our vision is to provide every pupil with the foundations that will enable them to go on to university or pursue the career of their choice.
We achieve this through Ark Schools' six pillars:
- High expectations – We set very high expectations for all our pupils at every stage of their education at Ark White City. We support and nurture every child to realise their full potential, in all areas of the curriculum.
- Excellent teaching – Rigorous planning and detailed subject knowledge underpin teaching and learning at Ark White City, with all staff receiving personalised professional development. Our pupils are confident when discussing their learning, and they demonstrate how much they value their education through active participation in lessons.
- Exemplary behaviour – Our pupils are self-assured, respectful and confident. They are deeply aware of the importance of their contribution to the world, leading to success both in their academic studies and in later life.
- Depth before breadth – At Ark White City, we ensure that all pupils secure firm foundations in English and Mathematics, going on to apply these skills in the wider curriculum. By revisiting learning regularly and completing timely assessments, we are able to plan personalised learning; enabling pupils to keep up, not catch up.
- Knowing every child – Our all-through school provides us with a unique opportunity to build strong relationships with our pupils and families throughout their educational journey. We work relentlessly to develop our understanding of, and our role within, the diverse community which we serve. All adults are aware that they have a shared responsibility for the emotional well-being of pupils.
- Always learning – We have a culture of learning for staff, supporting them to become experts in their fields and lead effectively across the academy.
As we begin a new school, we have designed our values: what is important to us now in our school community and what will be important for our children throughout life.
Our values are important to us. We are all responsible for promoting them and recognising where others ‘live the Ark White City Primary Academy values’.
The school community have decided four values:
We aim high and put 100% effort in, every day, to everything we do
We care about what we do and how we work with each other.
We take on big challenges and are prepared to be brave.
We always strive to improve and keep learning.
Through the Ark White City Primary Academy Values we aim to:
Improve behaviour, conduct and self-confidence by developing strong values within the pupils at the school
Develop pupils’ understanding of what values are and why they are important in life
Encourage children to ‘live the values’ in all aspects of their lives, both in school and out
Promote values to pupils in every aspect of school life
Promote values in the way in which adults interact with each other and with pupils
Display our school values and encourage all visitors to take account of them in their time in the school
Encourage parents to support our values at home
Enable children to focus upon the positive aspects of themselves that they can value, thereby reminding them of their individual worth, their worth in the school and wider communities and the worth of those communities themselves
Raise standards by promoting a school ethos that is underpinned by core values which support the development of the whole child as a reflective learner within a calm, caring, happy and purposeful atmosphere
Link our school values with the British Values
Our provision for ages 3-4